10 Things I Wish I Could Do Online
There aren’t very many things that you can’t do online anymore. Most of your banking can be done online, you can watch movies, make phone calls, send faxes… The list goes on and on. There are a few things that you still can’t do online. What’s your wish list?
- Renew Drivers License – They still require you to show up in person to renew your drivers license. You usually need to stand in line, check your vision and have your photo taken at your local driver’s license bureau.
- Restaurant Reservations – There may be some restaurants that are doing this, but the majority of restaurants still require that you make reservations by phone or in person. You can reserve your airplane seat, why not pick out your table at a local restaurant?
- Haircuts – This is one of those things that we’re not going to get away from. We’ll always need to have someone physically cut our hair. The ability to schedule your appointments online would be a positive step for salons to make, however.
- Laundry – Virtual laundries only work for virtual clothes. This is another home duty that we’re not going to be able to eliminate with online technology.
- Dog Training – Perhaps someone has figured a way to do relegate this to the computer, but not that I’m aware of. As far as I know, the owner still needs to do the physical work needed.
- Visit my doctor – The capability of having a doctor’s appointment online is already in place, so taking it to the level where you can actually consult with your own local doctor may be coming. For now, you still need to go through the process of visiting the waiting room and exam room located on their premises.
- Closing on home purchase – These home closings can at times be done by proxy, so perhaps, online means of signing all those documents is coming at some point. They are just another time consuming process in life.
- Bank Deposits – You can do almost all your banking online. You can pay bills, transfer funds and balance your statements. You can have your paycheck direct deposited. However, if you need to deposit a physical check or cash, you need to make a trip to the bank.
- Court Appearances – I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one become a reality. Instead of bringing everyone physically into a courtroom, everything could be done online. The accused wouldn’t need to be escorted by bailiffs. Jurors could login from home. It could save us a lot of tax dollars.
- Marriage License – This is another one of those things that you have to still do in person. Two people need to show up and provide proper identification, in order to apply for their marriage license. I could see this easily becoming available online.
There are those things that just can’t be done virtually, but some of the items on the may happen at some point in the not too distant future.