10 Online Ways to Find an Awesome Roommate
Sharing an apartment or dorm room can be a great way to say money. However, it can be difficult, and even a little scary, to think of sharing your living space with a total stranger. There are several ways to find a truly great roommate online. This is a much better choice than posting an ad in the newspaper or on a bulletin board.
- Roommates.com – There is no long term membership with this roommate matching site. Use a basic free membership or use a paid membership for only as long as you need it. You are able to browse and communicate with potential roommates without giving away any of your personal information until you are ready to.
- EasyRoommate.com – This is another site where you can look for a roommate. You can post the room you want to rent out or post yourself as looking for a place to rent. The site helps people get connected all over the United States. It also provides for group or buddy searches, where two or more people are looking for another person or persons to share living quarters with.
- GetaRoomie.com – This is a free internet service for helping roommates connect. It also provides some very helpful articles on how to write up a roommate agreement and how to check out the financial situation of potential roommates.
- RoommateClick.com – Another free internet service for connecting roommates. This site will even allow you to browse the listing for free before you join. Regardless of whether you want to list a room or are looking for a room, all services on the site are provided free of charge.
- RoommateLocator.com – This site provides an international roommate connection service. It also is a free service. Simply select your location, including country, and search for a room or roommate. All you need to sign up is an email address, but you can begin searching the listing without creating an account, to see what is currently available.
- RoomieMatch.com - “We’ll take out the trash” is the motto of this roommate connection site. They offer both free and ‘cheap’ subscriptions to their internet service. They do personally scan all applicants for the site, and not everyone is approved. Those who appear to be spammers or in any way not legitimate in their use of the service are culled out through this approval process. The site also sends you email listing of new matches that fit your profile request so that you don’t have to spend time browsing the site yourself.
- RoommateFinders.net – This roommate matching service has been around longer than the internet itself. The service begins its process with a phone interview with you. The service also does the searching and screening for you, so that you don’t have to be concerned with anything beyond compatibility.
- RoomieSearch.net – This site covers the USA, Canada and the UK. Its roommate and room searches are free for all members. Simply set up a profile and begin searching.
- Roommates.us – Providing both free and paid premium memberships, this site will allow you to set up your profile, and search listing with the free membership. However, in order to send and receive messages from other members, you must upgrade to the premium paid membership.
- Roommates4You.com – Free posting, searching and messaging on this site for everyone wanting to rent a room or find a room to rent. The site also has a large database of helpful articles related to sharing space with a roommate.
Look through the description or visit the sites listed. You’re bound to find a service that you feel comfortable with and that will provide you the assistance you need.